Comparative is the first tool to completely automate data analysis. In a single click, you can do what would take a team of Data Analysts weeks of work.
Our mission at Comparative is to make the world data-driven by empowering every person, in every role, across all industries, to use data to make important decisions. We've raised 6mm to pursue this goal.
In its Beta, this product has totally transformed data analysis for our first client, by enabling every role (community, engineering, product, and analysis) to talk instantly and candidly about what's happening with no analysis.
As our SRE/Devops Engineer, you will lead the design, creation, and administration/optimization of our cloud infrastructure. You will also own the CI/CD and Devops pipelines to facilitate development as well as all the infrastructure needed by the development organization. The goal for this position is to create and manage a modern and scalable infrastructure that grows with the business and allows minimal operational downtime and by relentlessly automating all tasks to ensure efficient operations.
🛠 You will
- Create efficient and scalable modern infrastructure with proper documentation to maintain high quality standards and SLO for Scalability, Security, Stability.
- Develop, test, deploy and maintain all automation scripts needed to manage infrastructure effectively (chef, ansible, puppet, python, shell scripts).
- Recommend, deploy, and automate industry best practice tooling to ensure state of the art infrastructure e.g. datadog, dynatrace (or other monitoring solution), secrets manager, active probes etc.
- Manage permissions and accounts on all cloud platforms.
- Drive load, optimize and performance testing of various components.
- Drive security best practices and assist in any security compliance and audits.
- Analyze, design and maintain CI/CD development and deployment pipeline.
- Take ownership of Jenkins environment for report generation and ensure it is stable, performant, and all pipelines are optimized and run on the appropriate schedule.
- Work closely with the delivery manager to ensure optimal flow from development to deployment and help enable the Agile Metrics KPIs.
- Ensure infrastructure is meeting all SLA and customer uptime requirements.
- Optimize software deployments to minimize downtime and customer impacts.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Delivery management for incident management, root cause analysis and to triage bugs, customer issues, and infrastructure issues and resolve within the expected SLA timelines.
👩💻 You Have
- You have 5+ years of professional experience in SRE/Devops role in a fast paced development organization preferably in an analytics field.
- You are analytical. Spectacular analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills. You can complete meaningful data analysis: collect the right information and then assemble, visualize, and investigate the information in detail with the help of strategic thinking skills.
- You are technical.
- Proven experience designing and implementing best in breed Cloud Infrastructure to maximize Security, Scalability, Stability (AWS, GCP or Azure);
- Expert level knowledge of all automation tooling such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible;
- Expert in CI/CD pipeline creation using Jenkins and Github;
- Strong knowledge working with one or more databases like Snowflake, AWS Redshift, BigQuery, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop, MongoDB or Cassandra;
- Knowledge of ETL and ELT tools (e.g. airflow or dbt (preferred)) would be an asset;
- Experience with git and working in an Agile environment.
- You are a team player. You believe teamwork makes the dream work. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.” You relish working in a fast-paced, excellence-driven team and you are ready to broaden your horizons and help other team members.
- You have strong communication skills. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution.
- You are a self starter. You’re comfortable on your own. This means you're organized, systematic, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused.
- You enjoy learning. You are a fast learner with a desire to absorb new information.
🏝 We provide
- We're completely remote, and hiring primarily in Canada and the US.
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan.
- We have full health insurance for both Canadian and US residents.
- We offer unlimited vacation.
- Flexible hours - create your most productive work schedule.
Comparative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodations during the interview process or on the job, please email HR@comparative.ai.
We are also proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. Work180 only endorses employers with a genuine commitment to supporting women at work. In order to become an endorsed employer for women, companies have to comply with strict criteria including equal pay, flexible working, equal opportunities and paid parental leave. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.