Comparative is the first tool to completely automate data analysis. In a single click, you can do what would take a team of Data Analysts weeks of work.
Our mission at Comparative is to make the world data-driven by empowering every person, in every role, across all industries, to use data to make important decisions. We've raised 6mm to pursue this goal.
In its Beta, this product has totally transformed data analysis for our first client, by enabling every role (community, engineering, product, and analysis) to talk instantly and candidly about what's happening with no analysis.
As Senior Web Developer I (Front End) you are responsible for combining the art of design with the art of programming. This means building the front-end portion of the website and web application and serving across the board as an expert in product and website design and fluid interfaces development, collaborating closely with product and design teams and leading client-side product development. This includes shipping, maintaining and iterating on a best-in-class web app that enables our customers to use Comparative reports on the fly - building pixel-perfect, robust, performant and accessible user interfaces on the web.
🛠 You will
- Support Full-Stack and UI/UX designer team in building our web product by creating fluid interfaces that perform at massive scale - bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation.
- Build reusable code and UI components libraries for future use and create high-quality technical design documentation considering the product requirements.
- Implement complex UI with CSS, animation, orchestration and responsiveness.
- Implement new website components, landing pages, and engagement features in line with our Marketing strategy in collaboration with our design and marketing leads.
- Ensure SEO friendly web development that contributes to improved SEO performance.
- Apply mockups and ensure that the design and functionality of third-party platforms is consistent with organizational brand guidelines.
- Develop website and web app that scale and perform well on all devices and implement and successfully launch Android and iOS apps.
- Develop Customer Success and Support features (user-facing features, Chat Experience UI, Web push notifications etc.)
👩💻 You Have
You are technical.
- Expert knowledge of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3;
- Understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS;
- Good understanding of React and asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Knowledge of SEO principles;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitHub;
- Experience working with sophisticated application state, e.g. Apollo Client, Redux, MobX or similar
You are analytical. Spectacular analytical reasoning and problem-solving skills. You can complete meaningful data analysis: collect the right information and then assemble, visualize, and investigate the information in detail with the help of strategic thinking skills.
You are a team player. You believe teamwork makes the dream work. There’s no such thing as “it’s not my job.” You relish working in a fast-paced, excellence-driven team and you are ready to broaden your horizons and help other team members.
You have strong communication skills. You enjoy working with complex concepts and distilling them down so that anyone can understand them. You’re comfortable working cross functionally with stakeholders and can manage competing needs to drive alignment and resolution.
You are a self starter. You’re comfortable on your own. This means you're organized, systematic, agile, detail-oriented, hardworking, and focused.
You enjoy learning. You are a fast learner with a desire to absorb new information.
🏝 We provide
- We're completely remote, and hiring primarily in Canada and the US.
- Competitive base salary and stock option plan.
- We have full health insurance for both Canadian and US residents.
- We offer unlimited vacation.
- Flexible hours - create your most productive work schedule.
Comparative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability status or any other characteristics protected by law.
If you need accommodations during the interview process or on the job, please email HR@comparative.ai.
We are also proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. Work180 only endorses employers with a genuine commitment to supporting women at work. In order to become an endorsed employer for women, companies have to comply with strict criteria including equal pay, flexible working, equal opportunities and paid parental leave. If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here.